Media Contact: David O’Neill
Prairie Home Productions
December 08, 2010
A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION HEADS NORTH TO THE MINNESOTA CITIES OF BEMIDJI AND MORRIS FOR TWO FEBRUARY BROADCASTS
Tickets go on sale December 10 and 14.
(ST. PAUL, Minn.) A lot of Minnesotans will tell you: When it’s February in the North Star State, head north (and a little west)! That’s just what Garrison Keillor and the cast of A Prairie Home Companion plan to do.
On Saturday, February 12, 2011, the show leaves its St. Paul home base and sets up at the John S. Glas Fieldhouse at Bemidji State University in Bemidji, Minnesota. Tickets for this show go on sale December 14, 2010, at noon CT.
And on Saturday, February 19, APHC moves on to Morris, Minnesota, broadcasting live from the Physical Education Center Gym at the University of Minnesota-Morris. Tickets for this show go on sale Friday, December 10, at 10:00 a.m. CT.
Actress Sue Scott, Tim Russell (the man of many voices), and sound-effects wizard Tom Keith will be on hand, along with the Guy’s All-Star Shoe Band, led by pianist Richard Dworsky. As always, there will be special guests; we’ll hear from Private Eye Guy Noir and the Cowboys, Dusty and Lefty; and everyone will catch up on the news from Lake Wobegon during Keillor’s signature monologue.
A Prairie Home Companion is heard on close to 600 public radio stations across the U.S., with a weekly audience that tops 4.3 million listeners. The program can also be heard on the Armed Forces Network Europe, the Far East Network, and in dozens of European cities via the Astra satellite network.
Garrison Keillor is the recipient of Grammy, ACE, and George Foster Peabody awards, and he has been inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters. His many books include Lake Wobegon Days, The Book of Guys, 77 Love Sonnets, Pilgrims: A Wobegon Romance, and A Christmas Blizzard.
A Prairie Home Companion is produced by Prairie Home Productions and presented by American Public Media. The show is sponsored nationally by General Mills, Inc. and by Ford. Audio clips, scripts and more information on A Prairie Home Companion can be found online at www.prairiehome.org.
- WHAT: A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor
- WHO: Garrison Keillor, with actors Tim Russell and Sue Scott, sound-effects ace Tom Keith, the Guy’s All-Star Shoe Band, led by Richard Dworsky, and special guests
- WHEN: Saturday, February 12, 2011
- WHERE: Bemidji, Minnesota (John S. Glas Fieldhouse at Bemidji State University)
- TICKETS:Tickets for the Bemidji show ($40, $35, $25) go on sale Tuesday, December 14, 2010, at noon CT. Order online through Ticketmaster.com, call 800.982.2787, or visit any Ticketmaster outlet. Bemidji State Campus information at www.bemidjistate.edu/admissions/undergrad/visit/maps
- WHEN: Saturday, February 19, 2011
- WHERE: Morris, Minnesota (Physical Education Center Gym at University of Minnesota-Morris)
- TICKETS:Tickets for the Morris show go on sale Friday, December 10, 2010, at 10 a.m. CT ($35, general admission; $10 for UMM students with student ID, one ticket per student). Tickets available at www.morris.umn.edu/newsevents/aphc. Additional information at www.morris.umn.edu/newsevents/aphc.
- TUNE IN: Tune in Saturdays to any of hundreds of public radio stations coast to coast (many rebroadcast the show on Sunday). Or listen to a live audio Web stream. Check local listings or go to www.prairiehome.org for specifics.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: go to www.prairiehome.org or contact David O’Neill at 651.999.1095 or firstname.lastname@example.org