Join Francis Lam with guests Jacques Pépin, Samin Nosrat, Mike Solomonov, Sohla El-Waylly and Nora McInerny on November 26.
ST. PAUL, Minn., Nov. 12, 2020 – American Public Media’s broadcast The Splendid Table returns with its beloved annual public radio Thanksgiving tradition Turkey Confidential. Host Francis Lam and his culinary companions are back for an afternoon of holiday storytelling and cooking advice on Thanksgiving Day, November 26.
From those who need help creating a turkey dinner for one to those planning a socially distanced Thanksgiving meal exchange, Francis and his all-star lineup of guests are here to answer Thanksgiving distress calls during this unparalleled holiday season.
Like many others, The Splendid Table team will be celebrating Thanksgiving a little differently this year and will have a change to its normal format. Instead of taking calls live, the team will answer pre-recorded questions sent in by listeners in advance.
Joining Francis on this year’s show are a group of spirited guests, including:
- Jacques Pépin, a notable public television host, author and chef. Pépin is the winner of sixteen James Beard Awards, a Daytime Emmy Lifetime Achievement Award and author of twenty-nine cookbooks.
- Samin Nosrat, a cook, teacher, and author of the James Beard award-winning #1 New York Times best seller Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Nosrat is a food columnist at The New York Times Magazine, host and executive producer of the Netflix original documentary series based on her book and the co-host of the podcast Home Cooking.
- Mike Solomonov, a James Beard Award winner for “Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic,” author of the bestselling book Israeli Soul and owner of Zahav restaurant in Philadelphia.
- Sohla El- Waylly, a recipe developer and video host well known for her appearances on Bon Appetit, Food52 and Andrew Rea’s Babish Culinary Universe YouTube channel.
- Nora McInerny, an author, performer, entrepreneur and host of APM’s award-winning podcast Terrible, Thanks for Asking.
Listeners can check their local public radio station’s schedule to see if The Splendid Table is available for listening in their area. The Splendid Table also provides a Thanksgiving Guide for recipes and menus as well as more holiday-themed interviews and advice. Tag @splendidtable on Instagram to share Thanksgiving feast photos with the Turkey Confidential team.
The Splendid Table, public radio’s food program and podcast, has been celebrating the intersection of food and life for more than two decades. As a culinary, culture and lifestyle program, it has hosted our nation’s conversations about cooking, sustainability and food culture and has introduced Americans to generations of food dignitaries.
About American Public Media
American Public Media® (APM) is the national programming and distribution division of American Public Media Group and reachesnearly 17 million listeners via approximately 1,000 radio stations nationwide each week. APM is one of the largest producers and distributors of public radio programming in the world, with a portfolio that includes BBC World Service, Marketplace®, and the leading classical music programs in the nation. APM offers a diverse array of podcasts featuring the best in food, culture, entertainment, business and investigative journalism. For more information on APM, visit americanpublicmedia.org.
Source: Data are copyright Nielsen Audio, Nationwide DMA data, Persons 12+, average of Fall ’19 and Spring ’20.